Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD US
Security Clearance: Established US DoD security clearance of SECRET or better
Job Description Summary:
T2S Solutions, LLC, a veteran owned small business, currently has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply software and systems engineering skills to support the development, integration, and test of Assured Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) solutions.
- Support design and development of software system architectures and interfaces to collect, process, and distribute PNT data.
- Evaluate Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software products and document capabilities in a trade study to recommend solutions to meet critical systems integration criteria.
- Prepare conceptual design of core architecture and definition of requirements and capabilities for software system integration to communicate with Radio Frequency (RF) and Electronic Warfare (EW) hardware and software systems via computer or Controlled Area Network (CAN) interfaces to perform lab based risk reduction.
- Apply object-oriented development techniques to perform system-level design of communication protocols and data collection.
- Identify opportunities to automate key activities in the software development lifecycle, including integration, testing, deployment, and issue monitoring.
- Work with customers, systems and test engineers, and product developers to understand system needs and develop overall solutions that will meet those needs in a lab environment.
- Analyze software for Government and military systems to understand system functionality and hardware and software interface.
- Produce documentation to capture requirements, technical concepts, software design, and user information for all deliverables.
- Must have the technical background and skills to perform in the full software development life cycle, including requirements creation, object-oriented design and services architecture, software unit and integration testing, bug reporting and tracking, documentation, and production software support and maintenance.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, and 8-10 years of experience.
- Experience configuring/customizing Windows, Linux, and real-time operating systems.
- Working knowledge of GPS processing systems and Inertial Navigation systems, a plus.
- Experience with digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms and programming Software Defined Radios (SDRs) a plus.
- Must have familiarity in AGILE development, SCRUM master a plus.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team.
- Must have good interpersonal, writing, and verbal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be responsive to schedule and task deadlines.
- Must be willing and capable of working with Government teams and Contractors across multiple companies.
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous projects at various stages of completion.
T2S Solutions, LLC is a Veteran Owned Small Business, founded in 2010 and headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Our diverse workforce includes prior military and civilian service personnel who continue to serve by applying their experience and analytical skills to solve some of the most challenging systems engineering problems facing our Government. We develop solutions for you based on your requirements, limitations, and potential risks for the Department of Defense as well as the commercial sector.