Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD US
Security Clearance: Established US DoD security clearance of SECRET or better
Job Description Summary:
T2S Solutions, LLC, a veteran owned small business, currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer Senior to join our team in Aberdeen, Maryland.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of the concept of operations for the lab.
- Responsible for developing and documenting lab system requirements, lab design, risks, and quality system documentation (Engineering artifacts, contract artifacts, requirements traceability, manuals).
- Assist in the definition of moderately complex HW/SW.
- Work effectively on several phases of systems/ software development / analysis.
- Provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software operating systems for the organization's products.
- Interact with stakeholders to translate requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements within the lab.
- Responsible in developing the continuous integration and test model for A-PNT SoS integration.
- Work with lab team members to establish appropriate memorandums of agreement with various labs and stakeholders.
- Define and implement configuration management processes regarding hardware and software configurations within the lab.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Solves engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Solve software development problems in the functional area to which assigned.
- May be required to provide management and support to junior software developers.
- Design, document, implement and maintain lab and deployment network infrastructures.
- Serve on a development team tasked with building, deploying and supporting systems for programs sponsored by DoD communities, establish development infrastructure including tools, source code control, disaster recovery, build procedures, and test lab systems.
- Support Technical Leads in the development, integration and test of various Army PNT systems and prototypes.
- Analyze requirements to help determine feasibility of network design within time and cost constraints.
- Provide support for the acquisition, installation, maintenance and operations of computer systems hardware, software and networks within assigned customer work stations and facilities.
- Coordinate with project work teams to ensure adherence to policies, achievement of quality targets and delivery on schedule milestones.
- Work with the program administrator to organize and lead CCBs and TEB review meetings.
- Applies engineering knowledge to lifecycle systems engineering, to include the definition and analysis of requirements, systems architecture and testing of military systems utilized by the US Army.
- Perform configuration testing on current PNT hardware and software.
- Develop and provide reports and presentations to the customers and senior Government officials.
- Provide functional and operational requirements and design documentation and analysis.
- Conduct system architectural analysis to include system interoperability, data interoperability and fault tolerance.
- BS (MS Preferred) degree in relevant Computer, Software or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in relevant technical competencies showing demonstrated increased responsibilities and successes.
- Minimum 5 years military/DOD (Army preferred) experience in relevant technical & programmatic competencies.
- Skills and experience with networking concepts and hands-on experience with network configurations.
- Experience in process implementation and control in addition to developing requirements for handheld systems and integration of hardware and software systems.
- Specific system experience in Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) programs preferred.
- Hands-on experience with hardware selection, installation, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the US Army Acquisition, Test and Deployment Cycles is a plus.
- Experience with established Army / DOD engineering and development concepts are required.
- Must be knowledgeable in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
- Experience with established Army / DOD systems acquisition processes is highly desired.
- Established experience in functional and operational requirements and design documentation and analysis is required.
- Experience in system architecture and system engineering with DoDAF familiarity preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of computer Operating Systems, Enterprise Services, Development Environments, Programming Languages and Networking is required.
- Knowledge of military computer networks is desired.
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity and use of industry and government architectural documentation tools, including Magic Draw, Visio and others is desired.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead or be part of a complex engineering team.
- Must have good interpersonalrsonal, writing, and verbal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be responsive to schedule and task deadlines and adaptive to varying guidance.
- Must be willing and capable of working with teams of Government and Contractors across multiple companies.
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous projects at various stages of completion.
- Experience applying industry best practices to ensure system performance, reliability, scalability and security.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical/problem solving ability, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete projects and meet end user requirements.
T2S Solutions, LLC is a Veteran Owned Small Business, founded in 2010 and headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Our diverse workforce includes prior military and civilian service personnel who continue to serve by applying their experience and analytical skills to solve some of the most challenging systems engineering problems facing our Government. We develop solutions for you based on your requirements, limitations, and potential risks for the Department of Defense as well as the commercial sector.