Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD US
Security Clearance: Established US DoD security clearance of TS/SCI
Job Description Summary:
T2S Solutions, LLC, a veteran owned small business, currently has an opening for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build out, maintain, and troubleshoot mainframe / Linux infrastructure.
- Manage and monitor all installed Linux systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain Linux operating systems, application middleware, application software and system management tools
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Perform site-specific configuration requirements, documentation of system installations, and the periodic generation of system performance and utilization summaries
- Support the automation of provisioning of IT resources in the cloud including network, compute, storage, backup, identity and access management, audit and other required components using cloud management systems
- Building, patching and securing servers in a DoD environment
- Convey status updates on system health and recommended courses of action to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Documenting best practices, lessons learned, and standard operating procedures
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux/*NIX based environments.
- Must have experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 (RHEL) / UNIX Operating Systems
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of J2EE application stacks
- Linux kernel compiling knowledge/experience
- Technical Proficiency in Linux, IaaS, SaaS, overall systems and network administration
- Understanding of DOD and Army networking environment
- CompTIA Security + Certification
- Professional experience supporting technology delivery to DoD organizations as a Systems Engineer or Systems Administrator
- Ability to configure and manage operating system, install patches, update system, and deploy services.
- Experience in virtualization with VMware, and ability to apply system security controls and DISA STIGs is required.
- Cloud experience with vCloud Director
T2S Solutions, LLC is a Veteran Owned Small Business, founded in 2010 and headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Our diverse workforce includes prior military and civilian service personnel who continue to serve by applying their experience and analytical skills to solve some of the most challenging systems engineering problems facing our Government. We develop solutions for you based on your requirements, limitations, and potential risks for the Department of Defense as well as the commercial sector.