Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD US
Security Clearance: Established US DoD security clearance of SECRET
Job Description Summary:
T2S Solutions, LLC, a veteran owned small business, currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Position will support the Project Manager Tactical Network (PM TN) to improve Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities to plan, manage and operate the tactical portion of DOIN-ARMY which delivers seamless, assured mission command, advanced communications and comprehensive common operations picture in support of Joint, Coalition and Civil mission worldwide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Software system shall comply with Army’s Identity and Access Management environment and interface with the Army’s Common Operations Environment over existing tactical networks (WIN-T, SRW Radios, SINCGARS).
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Solves engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Applies engineering knowledge to lifecycle systems engineering, to include the definition and analysis of requirements, systems architecture and testing of military systems utilized by the US Army
- Develop and provide reports and presentations to the customers and senior government officials
- Provide functional and operational requirements and design documentation and analysis
- Conduct system architectural analysis to include system interoperability, data interoperability and fault tolerance
- Confirm system will operate over existing Army tactical networks (e.g. WINT-T, SRW Radios, SINCGARS)
- Ensure systems is deployable on all common operations systems (e.g. Army Golden Master (AGM), Windows, Linux, and Android) used in DoDIN-A platforms
- Systems shall support distributed, hierarchical, multi-node operations
- Ensure software shall enable network managers to monitor, prioritize, control and visually display the current network & equipment status, and corresponding equipment connectivity status, for connected users and networks.
- The system shall support current exchange formats and industry standards as appropriate for the information exchange format and transmission protocols of NetOps data.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Computer, Software or Engineering discipline. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in relevant technical competencies showing demonstrated increased responsibilities and successes.
- Minimum 5 years military/DOD (Army preferred) experience in relevant technical & programmatic competencies.
- Experience applying industry best practices to ensure system performance, reliability, scalability and security.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical/problem solving ability, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete projects and meet end user requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.