Job Description Summary:
T2S Solutions, LLC, a veteran owned small business, currently has an opening for a Safety Specialist to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. Active DoD Security Clearance required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and operational procedures to prevent injury caused by chemical, physical, biological and or ergonomic factors
- Conduct workplace inspections to identify safety and health hazards and taking appropriate action to correct deficiencies
- Conduct accident investigations to determine root cause and help to identify corrective actions that can be implemented to prevent re-occurrence
- Conduct training on safety related topics; being knowledgeable of laws and regulations governing the health and safety of government and contractor individuals
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of current, new, and developing standards promulgated to protect employees from industrial safety hazards, such as confined space entry, toxic and hazardous substances, asbestos, lead hazards, fire protection, operation of material handling equipment, and the use personal protective equipment and devices.
- Ensure minimum safety regulations are met in the design of components
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety & Occupational Health or similar discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with accident investigation techniques
- Ability to analyze accidents in order to determine root causes and system errors which contributed to the occurrence. Develop and recommend corrections and controls to prevent reoccurrence
- Able to identify potential safety and health hazards encountered, using hazard analysis and assessment of risk, determines appropriate means for compliance with safety standards, develops alternate standards, and develops standing operating procedures (SOPS)
- Experience coordinating required safety
T2S Solutions, LLC is a Veteran Owned Small Business, founded in 2010 and headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Our diverse workforce includes prior military and civilian service personnel who continue to serve by applying their experience and analytical skills to solve some of the most challenging systems engineering problems facing our Government. We develop solutions for you based on your requirements, limitations, and potential risks for the Department of Defense as well as the commercial sector.