Job Description Summary:
T2S Solutions, LLC, a veteran owned small business, currently has an opening for a Cyber Network Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland. Position will serve as a network engineer and technical expert responsible for advising and assisting engineering projects for the Defensive Cyber Operations program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applies an extensive knowledge of network and software engineering principles, advanced and emerging software technology, and software/hardware architectures.
- Projects are technically complex and require the development of novel approaches to adapt to frequent changes in cyber requirements and software/hardware technologies.
- Investigates, evaluates, plans, designs, selects, and upgrades tactical data communications networks, operating systems, protocol suites and configurations of communication media and services.
- Plans network layouts and architects solutions that adapt COTS, GOTS, and Open Source applications to tactically-defined environments.
- Explores various alternative development approaches to arrive at the most desirable cost effective
- Analyzes network topologies, traffic, and capacity requirements to recommend solutions that mitigate risks and optimize the effectiveness of organizational systems.
- Identifies and establishes new requirements in computer software/hardware technologies to meet new or inadequately fulfilled life cycle requirements.
- Determines performance criteria and performs technical reviews of projects and fully participates in the project decision-making process.
- Coordinates and tracks all suspense’s assigned to organization, ensuring timely submission of data and requesting extensions as needed.
- Establishes software engineering, systems architecture, and security management policies, standards, procedures, and practices; monitors projects for compliance.
- Performs project planning for the PMO.
- Prepares, implements, monitors, and evaluates performance of short-term and long-range technical strategies and organizational goals.
- Provides coordination and oversight for software capability evaluations.
- Develops briefings to outline and support technical strategies, organizational goals, practices, and project plans.
- Serves as a consultant, providing the cyber teams with software engineering and security management support and expertise, as required, to meet established DoD, Army, and organizational standards and to ensure the reliability, maintainability, interoperability, and configuration integrity of software and hardware components and systems.
- Formulates technical requirements and procurement data.
- Provides technical guidance and reviews, evaluates, and summarizes technical and progress reports, ensuring that the technical provisions of specifications are met.
- Recommends changes and modification in approach when necessary.
- Represents the organization, facilitates and acts as liaison at working-level integrated product team, technical meetings, conferences, and working groups held to discuss, outline recommendations, and render decisions concerning software technology, software products, and software/hardware architectures as they relate to specific projects or as they affect organizational vision, mission, corporate technical strategies, and policies in areas concerning software/hardware architecture and advanced and emerging software technology.
- Must maintain current state-of-the-art knowledge and expertise in cyberspace operations, computer software engineering, and systems architecture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
T2S Solutions, LLC is a Veteran Owned Small Business, founded in 2010 and headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Our diverse workforce includes prior military and civilian service personnel who continue to serve by applying their experience and analytical skills to solve some of the most challenging systems engineering problems facing our Government. We develop solutions for you based on your requirements, limitations, and potential risks for the Department of Defense as well as the commercial sector.