Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD US
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Description Summary:
Be an integral part of the Software Engineering Center (SEC), one of the most experienced and comprehensive software support centers within the Department of Defense (DoD). SEC’s key mission is to provide systematic, disciplined, and best value engineering services for, Software and Data Architectures in support of both the internal needs and external needs of Program Executive Offices (PEOs), Program/Project, Product Managers (PMs), and other DoD Organizations.
Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
Solves engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
Must be knowledgeable in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
Solve software development problems in the functional area to which assigned.
May be required to provide management and support to junior software developers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Design, document, implement and maintain lab and deployment network infrastructures.
· Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design.
· Participates in the development of test strategies.
· Solving engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
· Serve on a development team tasked with building, deploying and supporting systems for programs sponsored by DoD communities, establish development infrastructure including tools, source code control, disaster recovery, build procedures, and test lab systems.
· Act as the Technical Lead for development of various Army software systems and prototype development.
· Act as the Enterprise-level architect for several Web applications and backend systems as well.
· Analyze software requirements to help determine feasibility of network design within time and cost constraints.
· Formulate and design software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
· Perform software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
· Provide support for the acquisition, installation, maintenance and operations of computer systems hardware, software and networks within assigned customer work stations and facilities.
· May provide technical material to selected proposals and reports to substantiate and secure program funding.
· Identify creative solutions to improve system and product offerings.
· Assist in document engineering work as input for company collateral and patent requirements.
· Provide input as required to technical writers to create customer-relevant documentation.
· Coordinate with project work teams to ensure adherence to policies, achievement of quality targets and delivery on schedule milestones.
· Analyze, evaluate, and provide recommendations on interface change proposals.
· Coordinates ICP reviews with the GPL. Responds to comments and questions about the technical evaluations and provides input to the ICPs.
· Work with the program administrator to organize and lead the CCBs and CNRWG and TEB review meetings.
· Works with leadership to identify task requirements, develop user stories, develops, tests and updates code and participates in software releases
· Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
· Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
· May occasionally require working evenings or weekends.
· Experience operating in a Devops environment.
Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related (large-scale information system architecture) experience.
Knowledge and implementation of standard CM practices.
Experience applying industry best practices to ensure system performance, reliability, scalability and security.
Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical/problem solving ability, time management and organizational skills.
Ability to complete projects and meet end user requirements.
Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
T2S Solutions, LLC is a Veteran Owned Small Business, founded in 2010 and headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Our diverse workforce includes prior military and civilian service personnel who continue to serve by applying their experience and analytical skills to solve some of the most challenging systems engineering problems facing our Government. We develop solutions for you based on your requirements, limitations, and potential risks for the Department of Defense as well as the commercial sector.