Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD US
Security Clearance: Established US DoD security clearance of SECRET or better
Job Description Summary:
T2S Solutions, LLC, a veteran owned small business, currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen, Maryland. Experience in process implementation and control in addition to developing requirements for handheld systems and integration of hardware and software systems. Specific system experience in Position, Navigation, and Timing programs preferred.
Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
Solves engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
Must be knowledgeable in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
Solve software development problems in the functional area to which assigned.
May be required to provide management and support to junior software developers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, document, implement and maintain lab and deployment network infrastructures.
- Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design.
- Participates in the development of test strategies.
- Serve on a development team tasked with building, deploying and supporting systems for programs sponsored by DoD communities, establish development infrastructure including tools, source code control, disaster recovery, build procedures, and test lab systems.
- Act as the Technical Lead for development of various Army PNT systems and prototype development.
- Analyze requirements to help determine feasibility of network design within time and cost constraints.
- Provide support for the acquisition, installation, maintenance and operations of computer systems hardware, software and networks within assigned customer work stations and facilities.
- Coordinate with project work teams to ensure adherence to policies, achievement of quality targets and delivery on schedule milestones.
- Work with the program administrator to organize and lead the CCBs and CNRWG and TEB review meetings.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Applies engineering knowledge to lifecycle systems engineering, to include the definition and analysis of requirements, systems architecture and testing of military systems utilized by the US Army
- Perform configuration testing on current PNT hardware and software
- Develop and provide reports and presentations to the customers and senior government officials
- Provide functional and operational requirements and design documentation and analysis
- Conduct system architectural analysis to include system interoperability, data interoperability and fault tolerance
- BS (MS Preferred) degree in relevant Computer, Software or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in relevant technical competencies showing demonstrated increased responsibilities and successes.
- Minimum 5 years military/DOD (Army preferred) experience in relevant technical & programmatic competencies.
- Skills and experience with networking concepts and hands-on experience with network configurations
- Hands-on experience with hardware selection, installation, and maintenance
- Knowledge of the US Army Acquisition, Test and Deployment Cycles is a plus
- Experience with established Army / DOD engineering and development concepts are required.
- Experience with established Army / DOD systems acquisition processes is highly desired.
- Established experience in functional and operational requirements and design documentation and analysis is required.
- Experience in system architecture and system engineering with DoDAF familiarity preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of computer Operating Systems, Enterprise Services, Development Environments, Programming Languages and Networking is required.
- Knowledge of military computer networks is desired.
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity and use of industry and government architectural documentation tools, including Magic Draw, Visio and others is desired.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead or be part of a complex engineering team.
- Must have good inter-personal, writing, and verbal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be responsive to schedule and task deadlines and adaptive to varying guidance.
- Must be willing and capable of working with teams of Government and Contractors across multiple companies.
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous projects at various stages of completion.
- Experience applying industry best practices to ensure system performance, reliability, scalability and security.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical/problem solving ability, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete projects and meet end user requirements
T2S Solutions, LLC is a Veteran Owned Small Business, founded in 2010 and headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Our diverse workforce includes prior military and civilian service personnel who continue to serve by applying their experience and analytical skills to solve some of the most challenging systems engineering problems facing our Government. We develop solutions for you based on your requirements, limitations, and potential risks for the Department of Defense as well as the commercial sector.