T2S Solutions, LLC, a veteran owned small business, currently has an opening for a Database Engineer, Mid to join our team in Edgewood, Maryland. Postion will support the US Army Chemical Materials Activity Recovered Chemical Materiel Directorate (CMA RCMD), responsible for providing centralized management and direction to the DoD for the assessment and disposal of recovered chemical weapon materiel and other chemical disposal missions in a safe, environmentally sound and cost-effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
- Documents and communicates database design.
- Evaluates and installs database management systems.
- Codes complex programs and derives logical processes on technical platforms.
- Builds windows, screens and reports. Assists in the design of user interface and business application prototypes.
- Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment.
- Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
- Adapts business requirements, developed by modeling/development staff and systems engineers, and develops the data, database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application.
- Helps to develop an understanding of client's original data and storage mechanisms.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization.
- Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.